Scholarship Committee along with New York Alumnae Deltas, Inc. distributes the Mary McLeod Bethune Scholarship award to college bound youth from the Harlem community. The purpose of this scholarship is to support graduating high school seniors through four years of college in the pursuit of a baccalaureate degree. Scholarships are renewable annually based on academic performance. Additional scholarships are granted, contingent upon the proceeds from fund-raising activities. Most scholarship funds are raised at our Annual Evening of Elegance Scholarship Award Dinner Dance held in the spring of every year. This year we will hold a Scholarship Brunch. Our Past Scholarship Awardees have attended numerous prestigious Colleges and Universities.
To be considered for the scholarship, the applicant must be:
- 1.Be a student of African descent residing within our area of service as explained below:
- 2. Live within our service area: Manhattan east to west from the East River to the Hudson River and north to south below 155th Street south to Battery Park.
- 3. Be a graduating high school senior and have an “80” or above high school average.
- 4. Be active in an extra-curricular activity, do volunteer work, have a part-time job or be active in a community organization (church activity is acceptable).
- 5. Be admitted to a Baccalaureate Degree program at an accredited institution by the fall semester (a Bursar’s receipt or letter from Registrar/Admissions Office is required at that time).
2016 Scholarship Application:
For questions about scholarship, please email scholarship[at]dstnyac.org
Scholarship Committee Chair
Scholarship Committee Co-Chair